STAR Realty Market Report
Welcome to the STAR Realty Market Report regarding inventory levels, sales results, and market statistics during the course of October 2010 for the single-family residential real estate market in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. If you’d like this type of in-depth analysis for another community we serve, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Graph explanation: Inventory levels are in units graphed along the vertical axis. The darker blue column represents the inventory level this month. The lighter blue displays the level from last month. The red UAG bar indicates the number of homes that went under agreement during October. Finally the green are actual sales that took place during this month. Tip: Click on the image for the full-size document.
Highlights from this month’s report:
- As of November 1, 2010 78 single family homes were on the market for sale in Hopkinton, MA down just slightly from 80 last month
- Average DOM (days on market) stands at 136 days which is the same market time we saw in August but up just a bit from the 128 days we saw during the month of September.
- Median sale price was $519,500 which is back to typically levels after September’s unusually high $600,000 median sale price
- Sale price to original list price “SP:OP” was 93% reflecting the reality that sellers continue to adjust prices downward to sollicit offers.
- Average days on market for homes that sold in October was 107 days down from the 70 days average we saw for September sales.
- The most active price range was the $500,000-$700,000 slot with 6 homes going under agreement and a total of 8 sales.
Inventory Levels—Big Picture
The following graphs depict inventory levels in Hopkinton dating back to January 2005. Inventory as of November 1 at 78 homes is typical
The charts below depict the distribution of sales for the past full calendar year and the sales history of volume, median price and days on market for the Hopkinton residential real estate market going back to 2000.