Just released: the latest video discussing inventory levels and trends for the single-family residential real estate market in Hopkinton, MA. Charts in the video are also included below for your reference.
Highlights from this month’s report:
- As of September 30, 2010 80 single family homes were on the market for sale in Hopkinton, MA
- Average DOM (days on market) is down a bit to 128 days from 136 days on average in August.
- Median sale price was $600,000 and the sale price to original list price “SP:OP” was just 90%. This is artificially low however, due to a short sale which finally sold at $169,900 after originally being listed for $299,900 last July.
- Average days on market for homes that sold in September was just 70 days.
- We are seeing an accumulation of inventory in the $500,000-$600,000 range with 18 properties for sale in that segment.
Below is the Hopkinton inventory trend chart shown in the video. The darker blue represents the number of homes in each price range this month, the lighter blue column is the same number from one month ago, the red column indicates the number of homes which have gone under agreement since September 1, 2010, and the green column shows the number of homes sold in Hopkinton in each price range from 9-1-2010 through 9-3–2010.